20 April 2011

There is a Season

Cricket Collection has some of the coolest designs out there.  Most recently, the designer has created four designs - one for each season - that are just SO cute.  I've already completed three of the four, and you've already seen my Winter, so I figured I'd show you the other two which I've completed but not yet framed.  I actually haven't decided as to whether or not I'll be framing them or making them into pillows...but that's a decision for another day.

Here's my favorite so far - Autumn.  I know we're all trying to get into the spirit of warmer weather, but I just love love love this pattern and the way it turned out.

I stitched this on 32 count Desert Sand.  I think it's available from Wichelt, but I can't quite remember, so don't hold me to that...

How freaking awesome are these colors!!!  I love fall colors, and they all just pop off of this fabric.  LOVE.











The apples in the "U" might be my favorite on the left side...but...the "T" is the absolute COOLEST.  The twisted tree trunk!  The leaves (which are stitched in a varigated silk)!  The crow!!  So darn COOL!!  And the Jack-o-lantern in the other "U"!  Love it!

And then, of course, there's the marshes with the cattails in the "M".  The turkey and the acorns are just the best final touches to this totally cool pattern.  I love everything about it!


Now...onto fresher colors...SUMMER!!  This pattern was the first of the series to be released, so I finished this in no time.  My favorite in this pattern are the chairs - one on each end.  I wish I was in one now, on a beach, sipping an umbrella drink.  I can't remember what the name of this fabric is, but I know that it's 32 count Jobelan.  If I can remember the name, I'll post it later.  I know this picture came out a smidge dark, but the fabric is an overdyed, and looks very much like a cloudy summer sky.  Totally cool.


I just love the radishes and carrots...and the grapevine on the "M"!  It'll be wonderful when those lazy, hazy days of summer come rolling in once again :-)
And look at that totally adorable birdbath in the "E"!  OMGosh!!  I love these patterns! 
I'm in the midst of making the final trips for my move and trying to complete some baby gifts, but next on the list is the final in this series, "Spring".  I will be stitching it on a 32 count Silkweaver fabric called Buttercream.  It's a beautiful fabric, and I can't wait to get started!!!

Do something creative today!! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love them, Jack. I am hoping to get home early today and start a summer/flip flop button project. I don't want to put down my Mirabelia now that I picked her up again but a smaller summer project is in order. Can't wait for stitching nights at your new pad. Miss ya.

Cross Stitch Crazy Mum said...

Those peices are gorgeous!Good luck with the move, its always nice to settle in somewhere new :-)